We can help with any type of claim.

I’ve had an

We can help with any type of claim.

Had an accident in your Clyde car? First of all, we hope you and anyone involved are doing OK. Once you’ve got over the initial shock, we’ll be here to help – regardless of the type of claim. Whether it’s a collision, chip, hail damage or cracks, we can help you. Please note the guidelines below.

What should I
do in the event
of an accident?

Choose a car in subscription

Fill in the
accident report.

Did the accident involve a third party? If so, you must complete the Damage & Accident Report form. If necessary, notify the police. You should also take photos at the accident site to document the accident.

Choose the subscription options

Notify roadside

Is your car no longer roadworthy following the accident? If so, get in touch with our 24-hour roadside assistance on the number below. You have the right to a free replacement vehicle, which roadside assistance will organise for you. If your car is still roadworthy, please report the accident as directed in Step 3 and wait for us to get in touch with more information.

Already the car subscription is ready - Freedom can come

Report an

You must report your accident to Clyde via [email protected]. Once we’ve received all the information from you, we’ll take a look and get back to you as soon as possible.

How am I covered in the event of an accident?

Is your car damaged? Not to worry! You’re covered by fully comprehensive and partially comprehensive insurance. Depending on the insurance package you selected, you’ll only have to pay your chosen excess per claim in the event of a fully comprehensive claim. After you’ve sent us your claim report, we’ll inform you about the details of your claim. You don’t have to worry about any damage caused to third parties either – there are no costs for you, as these are covered by the liability insurance.


Contact your 24-hour roadside assistance:

Audi, Seat, Škoda und VW:
+41 848 024 365

+41 800 724 911

+41 618 553 021

+41 800 600 015

BMW & Mini:
+41 84 485 7575

+41 22 567 53 34

Keep calm and don’t panic.

Accidents happen – even in a Clyde car. The most important thing is that you and anyone involved in the accident are OK. Clyde will be by your side if you need to make a claim. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at [email protected] or give us a call on +41 44 315 40 55. Our service hours are Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday from 8 am to 2 pm.


We’ve got the answers.

The following services are included in the package:

Parking damage: Extends the insurance cover to include damage caused by unknown persons to the parked vehicle. You can make two (2) claims per calendar year. The excess for related damage is CHF 0 and the insured amount is unlimited.

Extended glass cover: Glass breakage on the front and rear windscreens, side windows and sunroof are all covered as standard with partially comprehensive cover. The extended cover additionally covers any parts of the vehicle that are made of glass, plexiglass or similar hard materials (e.g. headlights, auxiliary headlights, fog lights, indicators, reflectors, reverse lights, rear-view mirrors and number plate lights). The excess for these types of claims is CHF 0.

We’ve got all bases covered: in addition to third-party liability insurance, there’s also partial and fully comprehensive cover.

Partially comprehensive cover generally covers any damage to your car for which you are not responsible (not caused intentionally). This includes damage caused by fire, natural forces, animal collisions, vandalism, theft and any glass breakage. The excess for partially comprehensive cover for individuals and pool cars is CHF 0.

For private customers, the excess for the fully comprehensive insurance (collision) standard package is CHF 1500. This can be reduced to CHF 1000 or CHF 500 during the booking process for an additional fee. The excess covers damage to your own car caused by standard collision events (e.g. rear-end collision, collision with a pillar, etc.). Excess is always calculated per claim.

If damage is caused to another car, person or object in a collision, this is covered by the liability insurance. For private customers, the excess for liability insurance is CHF 0.

For pool cars, the excess is always CHF 1000 for liability insurance and CHF 1500 for fully comprehensive insurance (collision). Your excess cannot be reduced in this case.

For a monthly surcharge you can select the Insurance Plus option, which provides you with cover for glass and parking damage.

If your vehicle is roadworthy, you can book it in at a garage and – provided the repairs are expected to take longer than two hours – you will receive a replacement vehicle while yours is being repaired. The costs will be covered either by Clyde or through your insurance. If your vehicle is no longer roadworthy, roadside assistance will provide you with a replacement vehicle.

Any damage to your car can be repaired in one of Clyde’s partner garages. Please make sure that the garage handles your make of vehicle. If you’re not able to find a suitable garage, please get in touch with us.

In the event of damage involving third parties, we strongly recommend that you call the police – especially if the parties involved do not agree on who is to blame. However, you can always call the police in the event of any kind of accident. They will document and make a record of the accident.

The insurance company defines parking damage as damage caused to your parked car by unknown third parties.

Damage to wheel rims must be repaired. Depending on the repair costs, you will be covered by fully comprehensive insurance and you will need to pay your agreed excess.

In the event of a flat/damaged tyre and any damage to the wheel rims, you are responsible for covering all related costs. For damage to wheel rims, you’ll only need to pay up to the amount of your agreed excess for fully comprehensive insurance.

Is your vehicle no longer roadworthy? You’ll need to contact roadside assistance for your make of vehicle. Clyde’s roadside assistance also operates abroad. If your vehicle is still roadworthy, please report any damage to Clyde.